Only better knowledge about constipation can help to get rid of constipation. First of all, you must know which cause responsible for constipation and if you avoid those causes or treat those causes, you can get remedy from constipation.
Definition of Constipation
Constipation is a physiological condition in which a person typically has three or fewer bowel movements in a week and bowel movements with stools that are dry, hard, and small, creating them difficult or painful to pass.
Cause of Constipation
Constipation cannot happen for one causes, it can happen more than one causes at a time. Most common causes of constipation are:
1. Diets with poor fiber.
2. Physical inactivity.
3. Lifestyle changes or daily routine changes like traveling, pregnant condition.
4. Medications: Some medicines that are prescribed to treat other health problems can cause constipation. Drug that can cause constipation include:
- Antacids used to neutralize stomach acid (that contain aluminum and calcium),
- Calcium channel blockers used to treat high blood pressure and heart disease,
- Anticholinergic or antispasmodics used to treat muscle spasms in the intestines,
- Diuretics used to increase the urine volume,
- Anticonvulsants used to decrease abnormal electrical activity in the brain to prevent seizures,
- Iron supplements,
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease,
- Narcotics used to treat severe pain
- Some drugs used to treat depression
5. Some health problems can make slower the stool movement and cause constipation. These problems are:
- Like Parkinson’s Disease, Disorders that affect your brain and spine,
- GIT (Gastrointestinal tract) problems: some GIT problems compress or narrow the colon, rectum and causing constipation. These problems are tumors, inflammation, or swelling, such as diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease.
- In the case of pelvic disorders colon emptying time is delayed, especially in women a form of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) that has symptoms of both IBS and constipation, also known IBS with constipation (IBS-C).
Remedy from Constipation
The following tips those help to get remedy from constipation and these are:
1. High Fiber-rich diet: First, take a high amount of fiber-rich fruits, vegetables, and grains. Fiber helps stool stay soft. This the best options to get remedy from constipation. Some best food such as Dried plums, Figs, Apples, Pears, Kiwifruit, spinach, Jerusalem Artichoke, Chicory, Brussels sprouts, Rhubarb, broccoli, Sweet Potato, Beans, Peas, and Lentils may help to get remedy from constipation. A list of some fiber-rich foods that helps to get remedy from constipation is given below:
2. Second, drink adequate amount of water and other liquids such as fruit juice but not alcohol.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Probiotic foods such as Miso Soup, Kombucha etc. help to get remedy from constipation. Similarly, probiotic supplement manufactured by the pharmaceutical company helps to get remedy from constipation.
5. Most importantly, avoid dairy products: In some case, a dairy may cause constipation.
6. Lifestyle improvements relieve constipation in many cases.
7. Finally, take a suitable Laxative.
In conclusion, I would like to say notice yourself and find out what are reasons behind constipation and try to avoid those causes or treat those causes then you will get a remedy from constipation.
1 thought on “How to Get a Remedy from Constipation”
My daughter had constipation from birth..We tried many laxatives, high fibre diet etc etc but nothing really worked. Until we got to the root cause of her issues – salicylate and histamine sensitivity. If you or your child is suffering from chronic constipation try to establish the root cause first.. it could be as simple as diet or intolerances, mold, dysbiosis or a physical obstruction
Comments are closed.